Monday, September 2, 2013

My first post: introduction to my blog!

So, for my first post, I just want to give a little description of what's to come and what you will see in my blog. This is just a summary to give everyone a general idea. Hopefully, there will be some compelling articles and intriguing topics. I want to do something along the lines of finding the truth within the media's messages to us. Basically, I will touch on how mass media and politics are intertwined and how they are conveyed to us, creating a biased society. The media, especially when it comes to politics, tends to compact news into a summary. With that being said, the whole story is not always touched on. They leave out some facts or comments here and there. When they relay these stories to us, we can take that information many different ways and misconstrue it all. The media is criticized for misconstruing the story and only telling the parts that will grab our attention and reel us in, thus creating a biased society. Is it wholly the media's fault, our own faults, or just a little bit of both? For my blog, I want to take controversial articles and break them down to try and find real truth. It is going to be interesting.

- Whitney
IT'S JUST REAL TALK

1 comment:

  1. I like the theme you have chosen and the direction that went. I agree with you on many points that you made. The media tends to not go into depth with reporting which leaves the public with incomplete story and questionable facts at best.

    ReplyDelete